Google+ Google+

20110317

Update (March 2011)

I'm gradually building up logographic nsibidi characters so that I can have a demonstration of a letter completely written in the character. I'm nearly there, but there are a few things I must check before I move along.

I noticed that the character for 'díke' got a lot of attention (well, relative to this blogs age and status) so I may steer the letter towards something relating to them. I will also try and create more place names. I've been thinking for a while of doing simple names, but I think I'll try and tackle the hurdle of creating a simple letter first before I think the direction I'm going in is the right one.

I know this is very young, and there are only a few eyes on this project now, but I hope you can get more involved in it by commenting either here or on the facebook page; you can give suggestions, or you could even send an nsibidi character to this blog that you've made logographic from the sources I posted. I will accept if you post on the facebook page.

See you in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

This blog is about African writing, the nsibidi script. This website include many nsibidi symbols meaning a lot of different things. All images do not hold a copyright unless indicated so. You can copy, distribute, and sell any information/images you find on this website. Public Domain.